Clutch Success / Throttle Question

My clutch woes have been discussed in detail here in prior posts. So my clutch successes should be shared with all as well.

Tonight I replaced the worn clutch lever bushing and M/C push rod. All the slop I had felt in the clutch lever was gone.

Tonight I took er for a spin. It's fixed! Feels great, feels better than the clutch on my wife's bike! Feels like new!

All of that without touching clutch plates or even clutch slave cylinder. Just despooging the Clutch M/C and bleeding bleeding bleeding.

Thanks for all your help!

Next question ( I'm never satisfied ) --- Raven's throttle is still stickier than my wife's throttle. Mine doesn't snap shut as quickly as hers. I can't get no satisfaction at lubricating the throttle cable -- Honda service manual says very little -- only, "disconnect the throttle cable at its upper end. Thoroughly lubricate the cable..."

Do I need to disassemble the throttle "switch housing" to gain access to the "upper end"?

I have gotten only a little relief by spraying WD40 in the cable channels at the throttle grip (suggested by motorcyclist magazine and also at least one maggot in a previous post) but I'm still feeling some stickiness in the throttle. I don't think the throttle grip is dragging. Throttle rolls on just fine, but hesitates a little at rolling off.

20 year old bike I'm wondering if the "decceleratrix" cable is worn; getting a better look would give me some piece of mind too I guess.

Thanks in advance for your help!
The Rat

1984 VF500C V30 Red "Katie" (hers) 1984 VF500C V30 Black "Raven" (mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment