Throttle Cable Adjustment

Dumb question # 487

Anyone mind sharing tips on throttle cable adjustment? My wife says if I keep playing with my bike's throttle in the garage at night I'll wake the kids. Maybe with some pointers from you guyz dad can finish his throttle adjustments and the kids can get some rest.

The short synopsis: Throttle stays revved even after releasing the grip. Even after the throttle has returned to home position the rpms are high. If I jiggle the throttle, the rpms drift downward.

I have lubed cables, throttle tube, and now throttle housing. Could it be my cables are too tight?

I ordered new cables from Dealer today, couldn't find them anywhere else and price is good. I'm still chasing this sticky throttle problem and I will pursue it until resolved.

I don't think it's a vacuum leak or a carb problem as the problem got 10 times worse when I lubed the cables. I must've moved something out of adjustment or kinked a cable.

Thanks again.

Rat

No comments:

Post a Comment