Re: Clutch Help

>Um, I thought the wheel wasn't *supposed* to move with the clutch
>pulled in?

What I meant was, the bike is off, sitting on its center stand, in first gear, and the clutch lever is pulled in. On my wife's bike, the rear wheel can be turned by hand in this state. On my bike, the rear wheel will not rotate by hand.
What I've gathered from other responses is that I may be looking at a gummed up slave cylinder and not a problem with the clutch plates. If the plates are worn the clutch will slip. I have the opposite problem. I also gather that this is good news, that of the two problems, gummed up slave cylinder is the preferred one i.e. easier to fix.

Now I'm off to find a clutch slave cylinder rebuild kit -- I'm assuming they exist. Dennis Kirk had none that I could find. I'll check Bike Bandit. I'm assuming the rubber seals should be replaced while I have the unit apart for cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment