The Plot Thickens

My V30 has loud valve noise, and so far I have taken off front and rear head covers and found nothing.

Not that I know what I'm looking for.

I will post digital pics of front cams tomorrow. I inspected. One is slightly pitted on the nose. The pits are very small, like smaller than .004".

My eyes did detect a single iron filing in the head. About the size of a fingernail clipping from my smallest finger. Dont' know where that came from. I went over the whole rest of it and found not one other thing out of place.

And I have good compression, not by any scientific measure but by the simple finger fart method.

All four plugs look fine.

I checked the valve clearance while I was in there. All were good, at about .005.

Assuming I am doing it right. It's hard to tell from the Honda Service Manual.

Now that I have the fooking thing apart, this far, I'm surprised how little time it took.

How many more hours and I could just swap out the fooking motor and be back on the road?!?

Thoughts?

Trade it for a sportster?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment