Raven's Last Flight


My V30 developed a severe rattle and obvious valve trouble en route to Burr Oak. It sounded like a chain saw, like one particular old, rusted out chain saw of my dad's with no muffler.


I had no stethoscope but I believe the knocking sound, banging sound, was coming from left rear head. The rattling was so loud it echoed off the walls of the buildings I was passing.



The head gaskets have never leaked since I owned the bike, but there are rivulets of oil from the heads on the back two cylinders.

No really sure what went wrong. WFO for 2 hours on I-70 between Indy and Dayton? It was the hardest I'd ever ridden the bike, for any length of time. (Keep in mind I'm new and this was my first out-of-town trip.) But it was nothing I wouldn't expect it to be able to handle.

I aborted the trip in Dayton, OH, and called my wife to trailer me home.



I got home about an hour ago. I will write a better description when I am over the shock of it. I will have to decide what to do.

I feel sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment