Re: Raven's Last Flight

By the way, on my V30, WFO carrying me and my bedroll, is about 85 mph. And it's only about 6500 rpm. In overdrive, the top half of the tachometer is inaccessible. If I want to hit the top half of the tach I have to be in a lower gear.

Last year, my only other interstate jaunt, WFO was about 92 mph. That was without a bedroll riding behind me, so I imagine that wind resistance accounts for the difference between last years top speed and this years.

Friend of mine had a parallel twin Kawasaki Vulcan 500 with a top speed of over 100. I can't decide whether that was because he weighs 80 pounds less than me (which is my theory), or if the Kawi parallel twin is so much better than Big Red's V4 (which is his theory). This is a hypothesis I'd happily test, except he sold his bike and bought a new Lifan.

No comments:

Post a Comment