These Carbs Are Awful!

Having not successfully restarted my wife's V30, I have decided to do a carb swap. Her carbs are notoriously bad, and mine from my newly decommissioned V30 are wonderful. So, why not swap carbs?!?



I read every detail I could find about reinstalling the carbs on a Honda V4. I was fortunate to have all the emails from the recent "Carbs Off Okay, Carbs On ..... Ungggh" thread to fuel my need for information about the procedure.



I have decided that:



God did not intend for four carbeurators to sit in the neck of a V. It is just a violation of natural law.



And anyone who tries to do it is cursed and afflicted.



I tried everything I could to do it. Vegetable oil. Warming the boots. Strapping the carbs using a tie-down. Cursing and swearing.



When the carbs came off the bike so easy, I was all excited, like "Hey, this is going to go quicker than I thought." I had both pairs of carbs off within 90 minutes.



Well, I didn't realize just how true the statement is: "Getting them off is the easy part."



I put in about 4 hours on the bike after work tonight. Tomorrow night after work my brother-in-law, a former professional motorcycle racer, has graciously agreed to give me a hand. He used to race in the dirt, though he has seen a lot of motorcycles, I don't know that he's experienced a V4 carb. He too may curse the V4 gods tomorrow.



I know it's heresy to utter those words in this crowd of witnesses. I hope that you'll forgive me!



I'm open to suggestions. Thanks to all who reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment