Would Help If I Knew What I Was Looking For

V30 with "valve" noise.

I will post pictures in a bit, so that I can get group concensus. But me, with my ignorant eyes, I took the rear head off, and saw nothing nothing out of place. All the lock nuts and adjusters were in place.

I did hear faint wooshing sounds as I slowly turned the crank. I assume, remember this is my first time, I assume that these wooshing sounds are normal, but I had never heard any mention given of these noises so I was a little surprised.

I do not have a valve guage or I'd have adjusted the valves while I was in there.

I did manage to sever the Left Rear plug wire. It was just dangling, making doubtful, questionable, maybe no contact at all. It came off in my hand.

Could an absent spark from one cylinder be mistaken for valve noise of the decibel level I described?

Seems doubtful to me but I've had some people tell me to check the plugs before I did anything else. Seem like wishful thinking.

I'm gonna have to find a new plug wire.

Meanwhile, I guess I'll take the radiator off, and do the front head cover next. Probably some night this week. Maybe I'll take a day off work and get my hands dirty again.

No comments:

Post a Comment